When placing a bridge, the natural teeth on both sides of the space covered with crowns (caps), and an artificial tooth (pontic) is attached to the heads. Calgary Dental Bridges NW are in between the natural teeth as they provide support.
Benefits Of Dental Bridges Include:
• Reestablish the capacity to bite and talk naturally
• Maintain the appearance and structure of your jaw and in turn of your face
• Restore your smile
• Disperse the pressure in your bite appropriately by supplanting missing teeth
• Prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of position
Types Of Dental Bridges:
• TRADITIONAL BRIDGES are useful when the middle teeth between two affected. These bridges are made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics and used as a tooth on another side of the missing teeth, with artificial teeth in between.
• CANTILEVER BRIDGES used when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing teeth. That is not very common and not used at the back of the mouth where it put forces on other teeth.
• MARYLAND BONDED BRIDGES that are also known as the resin-bonded bridge made of porcelain, porcelain fused to metal or plastic teeth. In this technique, a metal or porcelain framework supports the gums. Metal or porcelain wings are mostly used to bind the bridge and the teeth.
To maintain the health and lifespan of porcelain fixed bridges, treat them just in the same way as you do your natural teeth with routine brushing with ADA approved toothpaste and regular flossing. To floss your bridge use floss threaders as these handy tools assist you in getting the floss below your tooth bridge to keep your gum tissues healthy.