In an article by Kids’ Health, 1 out of 5 people regularly get canker sores. This is a disease that occurs inside of the mouth, causing burning sensation over the inner jaws, gum and between the teeth.
The severity of the disease is so high that one in every five children suffers from canker sores. Though canker sores are not at all contiguous but yet they are commonly found among families. There are facts behind the disease and why children who suffer have an increased level of pain in their mouth around their gums and teeth.
What can cause canker sores?
· Children suffering from Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron deficiencies get canker sores more often than healthier children.
· Children suffering from various food allergies may suffer from canker sores.
· While eating, children may bite their lip or cheek which can cause canker sores.
· If a child suffers from any injury to his or her mouth and their skin breaks, this can cause canker sores.
Precautions we need to take regarding canker sores?
· Have a dental checkup for a child who suffers from canker sores & start dental treatment immediately.
· Dental treatments are very beneficial and can reduce canker sores.
· Children should avoid salty or spicy foods.
· Children should always brush their teeth with brushes that have soft bristles.
· Avoid using sensitive tooth paste.
· Keep the child away from allergic food.
Remedies for canker sores:
· Eat yogurt which is highly recommended as it can act as pain reliever.
· Eating ice-cream helps in the healing process when a child experiences severe pain from canker sores.
· Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with baking soda repeatedly.
· Use a wet tea bag over the sore-surface in the mouth.
· Take your dentist’s advice when experiencing severe pain from canker sores.
Precaution is the best cure. Make sure that you take the proper care of your child which helps you to avoid future dental related problems, such as canker sores. To get the best dental care in the South Park area for general dental issues and specifically canker sores, find your local south park dentist.