WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL EXPLAINED
Wisdom teeth are the last to grow. They usually develop during the late teens and for others, the early twenties. Wisdom teeth are four, one at each corner. By the time they grow, the other twenty-eight teeth are usually in place and thus there may be no room for wisdom teeth to grow well. Due to inadequate space, the teeth may partially emerge or grow only at a particular angle. Such teeth are referred to as impacted teeth.
#When to Visit a Dentist
If you experience discomfort or extreme pain from your wisdom teeth, the dentist will examine your teeth and let you know if they should be removed. If they feel that the teeth should be extracted, they will carry out an X-ray of your mouth. The X-ray will provide a clear view of the position of the teeth. In case you experience any teeth problems, consult a Mumbai Dental Clinic oral surgery specialist immediately.
#Reasons for Removal
If you have impacted teeth but they are not causing any problem, then there is no need to have wisdom teeth removal, as there is no proven advantage of doing so. At times, wisdom teeth that haven’t broken through the gum entirely cause dental issues. Food and bacteria may be trapped around the edges of wisdom teeth, thus causing a buildup of plaque. The plaque build-up may cause:
• Gum disease: It develops when plaque releases toxins that infuriate your gums, causing them to be swollen, red and painful.
• Tooth decay: This occurs when the plaque breaks down the tooth surface. When it is more advanced, it may leave cavities in the tooth which may affect the surrounding teeth.
• Pericoronitis: Occurs when the plaque infects the soft tissue surrounding the tooth.
• Abscess: Occurs when pus gathers in your wisdom teeth or the surrounding tissue as a result of a bacterial infection.
• Cellulitis: This is a bacterial infection in the throat, tongue or cheek.
• Benign growths or cysts: Though uncommon, the impacted wisdom tooth may develop a cyst.
#The Wisdom Teeth Removal Procedure
Before starting, the oral surgery specialist will give you anaesthesia. It can be local, general or sedation, depending on the expected complexity of the extraction and your comfort. To remove the tooth, the surgeon will cut the gum tissue above the tooth so as to expose the bone and tooth. They may have to cut the tooth into smaller pieces for easier removal. After removing the tooth, they will clean the site and maybe, stitch the wound.
After removal, the patient may experience discomfort and swelling both on the inside and outside of the mouth. The symptoms may last for about three days to two weeks.
#How to Have Your Tooth Removed
If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, do not suffer in silence. Talk to us and have it removed. All you ought to do is to click here to book an appointment.
More Links you can Visit - Dental Implant in Udaipur
Dental Treatment Services in Udaipur
Gum Treatment in Udaipur
+91-8107259893/ +918818891362/ 0294-2415893