If no, then here, we will discuss the differences between both of these treatments.
The above post is beneficial for those looking for any of these dental treatments and still worried about which treatment will help them.
What are veneers and crowns?
Before knowing the difference between both treatments, you should have an idea about what they are.
A veneer is a layer of the porcelain or any other material, which is bonded to the affected tooth. They are around 1 millimeter thick. Whereas the crowns are around 2mm thick, and they bond the whole tooth. They are made with porcelain, which is joined along with metal alloy.
For which purpose the dental veneer and dental crown treatment is used?
The need for the dental veneer and dental crown depends upon the problem in which you are suffering and the dental condition of the person. Following the dental issues, which can be cured with the help of these dental treatments.
• Crooked teeth
• Cracked, chipped or broken teeth
• Weaken teeth
• Discolored teeth
Which is the best option for you, either veneer or dental crown?
Both of these treatments are having variable cost, and it all depends upon the size of the tooth, the location of the tooth, and the location from where you are from.
Benefits of Veneer
• They are the best choice for the long run, and the gums do not show any difference between them even after the years of the treatment.
• The veneers within the teeth are not movable within the mouth.
Benefits of crowns
• The entire affected tooth is covered using the dental crown treatment, and there will not be any chance of dental decay.
• The shape and the look of the dental crown is the same as that of the natural-looking tooth.
• While you have the dental crown treatment, then it requires very less trimming. So, it remains the natural shine and finish of the tooth.
• Using dental insurance, you can claim the cost of dental crown treatment.
At last, we hope that you have cleared with Veneers and Crowns. After reading the above information, you can quickly tell your dentist that whether you require a dental crown or dental veneer treatment.