Do you have a sweet tooth? If you answered yes, you need to be extra cautious of your oral health because you can be vulnerable to cavities. A cavity is a dental condition that arises due to permanent damages on the hard surface of the teeth. What are the factors that give rise to the cavity? Sipping sugary drinks, frequent snacking, and poor teeth cleaning habits can lead to bacteria breeding and cavity.
Tooth decays and cavities are quite common in teenagers, children, and also senior citizens. If these cavities are left untreated, the infection can penetrate in the deeper layers of the teeth. The result is a severe toothache, swelling, and even tooth loss. A cavity does not happen overnight.
The moment you start noticing any unusual stains on your teeth, you should get into action. Here are some simple tips that will prevent cavity spread. Consult your dentist to understand the best ones for you. Good oral and dental hygiene can help you avoid cavities and tooth decay.
Here are some tips to help prevent cavities:
1. Brushing twice a day can prove to be an effective remedy in controlling cavities. You should also floss the teeth properly after every meal. There are many types of kinds of toothpaste available in the market. Discuss with your dentist and choose the best one for you.
2. A fluoride-based mouthwash can help a lot in controlling the infection spread. Consult your dentist to know the best mouthwash brands for you.
3. Dental sealant is a defensive plastic coating that is applied to the back teeth. It acts as a shield between food and infected teeth. It also protects the tooth enamel for acid and plaque.
4. Getting regular oral tests and professional teeth cleanings will prevent more problems. Discuss with your dentist the best time to practice the oral cleaning process.
5. Many dentists recommend drinking a small amount of regular tap water to increase the fluoride level in the body. It will play a vital role in controlling tooth decay.
6. Every sip of beverage or every bite of your food creates bacteria and acid in your teeth. It further destroys tooth enamel. So make sure you limit your eating frequency and do not forget to clean your mouth after every drink or meal.
7. Eating tooth-healthy food can help you in controlling the cavities. You should focus on crunchy fruits and vegetables that have lower sugar content. They will help in keeping your teeth plaque-free for a longer time.
These were the top 7 tips for you to try once a cavity occurs in your teeth. Come to Clove Dental, the best dental clinic which is known for anti-bacterial cavity treatments and their success rate. You can also opt for a combined treatment that will have better results. Good luck!