Advances in whitening technology have made a brighter smile easier to achieve than ever before, and we’re happy to help patients every day get the smile of their dreams.
If you’re considering teeth whitening, here are a few things you should know before your treatment.
1. Products offered in our practice offer superior results than any product you can purchase in a local store or supermarket. While over-the-counter whitening products can certainly enhance the brightness of your smile, the results will happen over a much longer time frame than if you were to visit us.
2. You may experience sensitivity after a whitening session, but any discomfort will fade quickly. Most patients we welcome into the practice report any tooth sensitivity post-whitening clears up within 24 hours.
3. Whitening is ideal for most people, though you should know that dental restorations will not lighten. If you have crowns, veneers, or dental bridges, they will not get whiter like your natural teeth will.
4. An in-chair visit takes just about an hour to complete, and will leave your teeth stunningly brighter immediately. While you may walk in with dark and stained teeth, you’ll leave beaming brilliantly.
5. Your results can last anywhere from a few months to a few years depending on how well you care for your teeth and whether or not you do whitening touch-ups. Ask us about take-home whitening kits at your next visit, which allow you to maintain your results from the comfort of your own couch.
If you have other questions about teeth whitening or would like to book an appointment with us, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us to book your visit or simply give us a call with your questions.
We look forward to seeing you in the practice soon and helping you get the smile of your dreams.