Are you in need of dental veneers in Melbourne or surrounding areas? Fortunately, there are many resources online that detail the steps and actions involved when getting dental veneers.
There are numerous things to consider before deciding to get dental veneers. Consequently, it’s likely that those who are in the process of getting dental veneers will have many questions. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you decide if veneers are right for you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells that a cosmetic dentist or general dentist can fix to the teeth. These veneers can be varying shades of tooth colour and made from different materials, so it’s important to choose an experienced dentist who can select the best veneers for your teeth.
What Are the Different Materials that Can Be Used?
Dental veneers can be made from either a resin composite or from porcelain. The benefits of choosing porcelain are extensive, as porcelain can repel stains as well as mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. The best option when considering which material to choose for dental veneers in Melbourne is to consult your cosmetic dentist.
What Can Influence Their Price?
Regarding budgeting, some things to consider for the price of the veneers include the colour, the material, and how many are needed. You’ll also need to factor in the cost of the cosmetic dentist. While there are many dentists that can fill cavities and perform general dental procedures, dental veneers usually require a more advanced dental specialist or cosmetic dentist.
What Can Dental Issues Veneers Address?
Dental veneers can assist with:
• Covering stains from smoking or other foods
• Improving the appearance of chipped or broken teeth
• Covering worn or uneven teeth
• Correcting misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth
Cosmetic dentists can perform a smile analysis to identify your dental issues and make sure that the veneers you receive will give you a picture-perfect smile.
What Does the Procedure Involve?
There are many steps involved in getting a veneer. The first step is to consult with a dental specialist or cosmetic dentist to determine if veneers are right for you. Once a decision has been made, the dental veneer process will typically go through the following steps:
• Planning and Diagnosis – In this step, you’ll discuss with a cosmetic dentist what it is you want to have done. During this first consultation, the dentist will perform x-rays and take impressions of any teeth that need veneers.
• Preparing for Veneers – During this step, a tooth may have a millimetre of enamel removed from its surface.
• Bonding of Veneers – This step involves the veneer being cemented to your tooth. During the process, etching and roughing is performed to ensure successful chemical bonding.
Once you find a dentist who specialises in cosmetic or advanced dentistry and offers dental veneers, you’ll soon discover how receiving veneers in Melbourne can bring more confidence and a new, improved smile.