Having a perfectly aligned and attractive smile can significantly boost your confidence. However, you may be hesitant to smile if you have misaligned or spaced teeth. Traditional braces can be daunting, which is why clear aligner therapy like SureSmile is a popular option for those who prefer non-noticeable metal wires on their teeth.
In this article, we will examine what SureSmile Aligners are, how they work, and how often they need to be changed.
What are SureSmile Aligners?
SureSmile Aligners are a clear aligner system that uses 3D imaging technology to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
The aligners are made of transparent, BPA-free plastic that fits snugly over the teeth, gently shifting them into the desired position over time. The treatment process typically lasts anywhere from 6 to 18 months, depending on the severity of the patient's orthodontic issues.
SureSmile can correct several dental misalignment issues, including:
1. Crooked teeth: SureSmile can straighten teeth that are crooked or rotated, improving the overall alignment and appearance of your smile.
2. Overbite: An overbite happens when the upper teeth protrude over the lower teeth. SureSmile can correct this issue by repositioning the teeth and adjusting the bite.
3. Underbite: An underbite occurs when the lower teeth protrude over the upper teeth. Like in overbite, SureSmile can fix this issue by repositioning the teeth.
4. Crossbite: This is a dental issue where the upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth. SureSmile can shift your teeth in a way that produces a healthier smile.
How does SureSmile Aligners work?
The first step in the SureSmile Aligner process is a consultation with the best orthodontist in Palo Alto, CA. During this initial visit, the orthodontist will assess your teeth and create a 3D image of your mouth using advanced imaging technology. This image is then used to create a customized treatment plan that outlines the exact movements your teeth will need to make to achieve the desired results.
Once the treatment plan is finalized, the orthodontist will create a series of clear aligners designed to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Each set of SureSmile aligners is worn for a specific period of time, typically two weeks, before being replaced with the next set in the series. Over time, the teeth gradually move into the desired position, resulting in a straighter, more attractive smile.
How often do you change SureSmile Aligners?
The frequency with which SureSmile Aligners need to be changed will depend on the specifics of your treatment plan. In general, however, aligners are typically changed every two weeks. This allows for a gradual, controlled shift of the teeth into the desired position. You will typically need to visit your orthodontist every 6 to 8 weeks to monitor your progress and ensure that the treatment is going on as planned.
Note that the success of SureSmile Aligners treatment will depend largely on your adherence to the treatment plan. For example, you will need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss. Failure to follow the treatment plan as directed can result in delayed progress and less effective results.
How are SureSmile Aligners different from other aligners?
Here are the notable differences between SureSmile Aligners and other aligner systems:
1. Customization: SureSmile Aligners use 3D imaging technology to create a digital model of your teeth, which is then used to design a customized treatment plan that considers each tooth's unique shape and position. This personalized approach can result in more accurate and efficient tooth movements.
2. Treatment time: Because SureSmile Aligners are customized to your individual treatment plan, they can often achieve the desired results more quickly than other aligner systems.
3. Aligner material: SureSmile Aligners are made from a patented material called SmartTrack, designed to provide a more comfortable and secure fit than other aligner materials.
4. Tracking progress: SureSmile Aligners use a system called SureTrack to monitor your progress throughout treatment. This system allows your SureSmile Dentist in Palo Alto to make adjustments to your treatment plan as needed, ensuring that your teeth are moving in the right direction.
Whether you use conventional braces or SureSmile aligners, orthodontics will help you get a healthier smile. SureSmile gives you the freedom to straighten your teeth covertly while still enjoying your favorite foods. If you would wish to find out more about the benefits of SureSmile or how long your personalized treatment plan will take, talk to your SureSmile Dentist in Palo Alto.
© 2023 DentaGama All rights reserved