A healthy child will always grow up as a strong adult. Hence, it is vital that the early years of the child should reflect hearty and healthful routine and special care to oral hygiene is important. Whatever goes in your body is through the mouth and if that is in poor condition then all of your body can be venerable to different diseases. A thing that will have far-reaching effects on the health of the child is to introduce to the child pediatric dental services in a dental clinic.
Pediatric Dental Services for your Child:
As you are planning for your child’s initial visit to a pediatric dentist? You need to consider many things. The first most important of them all is the dental services the dental clinic will provide. The services must be such that take better care of the oral problems and provide solutions for everyday common emergencies. Your child’s pediatric dentist will provide you with the following services.
1. In the initial visit, the dentist will examine the child’s dental condition. Dentists suggest the lap-to-lap technique of examination, which allows the child to sit comfortably in the lap of one of the parent while the dentist observes the child.
2. When the dentist needs to look at the child’s gums and teeth for any type of infection, the parent can lie back on the chair allowing the child’s head comfortably lay on the lap or chest of the mother or father.
3. This technique is most efficient when the dentist has to do any type of gum surgery or extraction. It will make the child gain the trust of the dentist that he is not alone during the whole process.
4. As the pediatric dentist is examining the child, he/she will educate the parents on ways on how to take care of the teeth at home. The parents should listen carefully to the instructions that the dentist gives them.
5. The dentist provides other services as well including, digital imaging and x-rays, fillings, sealants, crown, painless sedatives, mouth and night guards and other cosmetic dental services.
The significance of Pediatric Dental Services:
Many of the parents do not pay attention when they take their child to the dentist for the very first time. They think that it is just a casual visit. However, the primary appointment is the most important for several reasons. The American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry associated dental clinics have always known the significance of the first visit, so they make sure that it is worth it. Pediatric Dentist Tulsa has always followed the guideline like many others.
1. The primary visit is important because it helps build a repo between the child and the dentist. The child should build trust with the whole team along with familiarity with the environment that is friendly.
2. There are specific terminologies that can be difficult and alien to the child, so visiting the dental clinic will make the services recognizable. As the child will come after a few visits, he/she will feel comfortable with the terms and the people there.
3. The pediatric dentist can find early signs of tooth decay, gum problems and bite, which will make the remedies and healing easy and can fix the problems in time.
4. The dentist can after examining the child’s oral health, recommend daily healthy habits that can help you in taking better care of the child’s oral fitness. He will also answer questions that you have in mind regarding oral hygiene of the child.
The first visits should be weekly but after that every month. However, if the child develops any complication or has any dental problem then it is important that you visit the dentist immediately; do not wait for the regular monthly or weekly check-up.
Right Age to start Pediatric Dental Services:
Many people think that when all teeth of a child grow out then the parents should take their child to a dentist; some consider this only when a problem emerges. That is not wise on their part because early visit can determine the cause of the problem at the initial stage. According to experts, the first visit should be when the very first tooth erupts. The suitable time is also when the child is 1 or 2 years old. In this age, the child develops mentally and learns to gain the trust of different people. So building trust with a pediatric dentist is important at this age.
However, there are many occasions that the child does not bond with the dentist at all or takes longer time than others take. So do not worry and be patient with the child. Keep visiting the dentist for Pediatric Dental Services until the child is comfortable with the dentist and the team. It is important that you give time to the child and give him/her confidence that he/she can do it and bond with the dentist.