What are veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are made to fit over your existing teeth to fortify and beautify them. Once largely considered a cosmetic dental procedure, veneers are extremely strong, natural looking, and will improve the function of your teeth. People receiving veneers have reported that they improve the look and feel of their smile, they experience greater self-confidence and even better quality of life as they feel bold enough to connect with the world through smiling once more.
How will veneers benefit me?
There are several benefits to receiving this cosmetic dental procedure:
1. Veneers are able to fix small imperfections and irregularities in your smile. Talking to your dentist will help you to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
2. Veneers allow you to keep more of your natural tooth structure. During the procedure, your dentist will need to remove a small amount of enamel from each tooth in order for the porcelain to be able to bond correctly. With other dental work such as a crown, however, your dentist will have to remove much more enamel from the outer surface of the tooth in order to fit the hardware correctly. Not only is this procedure much less invasive, it will allow you to keep more of your natural tooth structure in place.
3. Your confidence in your smile will improve. Once the look and feel of your gorgeous smile has been restored, it will improve your confidence and your outlook on life. You'll soon be drawing others in with your newly polished smile.
4. Your teeth won't be at risk for discoloration anymore. Once the porcelain covers have been fitted over your existing teeth, you'll be sporting bright, white, gleaming teeth once more. You won't be at risk for staining and discoloration that can occur with natural enamel. You'll experience a bright and youthful smile for years.
5. Mouth maintenance is simple. Since veneers are non-porous, you will not experience decay and discoloration like you once did. Simple brushing, flossing, and receiving regular dental checkups will be all that is needed to experience superior dental health.
Dental care after your procedure
Treating your newly polished mouth just like you would your regular teeth is essential to maintain good oral health. Brushing, flossing, and making regular trips to the dentist will keep decay at bay and reduce the possibility of chipping and cracking. Do your best to stay away from hard bristle brushes and abrasive polishes, as they could damage the porcelain and make it susceptible to breakdown.
Installation procedure basics
During the installation procedure, our dental team will remove a small layer of enamel on each tooth to be fitted. Impressions are then made of your mouth and sent out so that the porcelain shells can be perfectly fitted to your teeth. Once they are ready, they will be permanently cemented to your teeth with resin. The procedure itself is non-invasive and virtually painless, and you are left with a vibrant and beautiful smile once more.
If you have been suffering from low self-esteem or periods of being self-conscious about your smile, perhaps it's time to take a look at installing veneers on your teeth. The wonders it can do for your dental health, your self-confidence, and even your quality of life cannot be matched. If you are someone who has suffered from a less than perfect smile, realize that you deserve to have the vibrance of a beautiful mouth once more. Talk to your dental care professionals about how they can painlessly improve and perfect your smile. You deserve it!