October 28, 2019
Do you have missing teeth? If so, you aren’t alone, as millions of Americans are missing at least one pearly white. You’re also probably wondering about dental implants, and how much they cost. Well, you’re in the right place! In this article we’ll talk about the costs of dental implants in the US.
We’ll also talk about the costs of dental implants abroad, and once you’ve had a look at some of these dental implant prices, you’ll see how important it is to compare costs of dental implants so you can stay informed and do the best for your oral health.
How much do implants cost in the US?
The price of dental implants in the US depends on quite a few variables, including but not limited to:
● Where you live
● How many implants you need
● The health of your jaw bone
● Your gum health
● Type of implant
You can ask your dentist for an estimate of how much your dental implants may cost, but before a full examination of your mouth, they won’t be able to tell you the exact amount. If you do get a quote from your dentist, make sure that it includes:
● Dental impressions
● Surgery (if needed)
● The whole implant
If those aspects of getting implants aren’t included in the quote that you get from your dentist, you’re likely to pay quite a bit more than you were told!
Price of a single implant
If you need just one implant, you should prepare to pay anywhere between $1,500 and $6,000 in the United States. It’s a wide range, but even at the lower end, it’s pretty high. The location of your implant will also affect the cost; if it’s an implant at the front of the mouth, it’s likely to cost more than if it were at the rear of your mouth.
Price of a full mouth of implants
A full mouth of implants, in other words if all of your teeth are missing, will cost you at least $40,000 in the US. That’s out of the question for most people, so there are some alternative options available. You can get a bridge to replace three or four teeth, held in place by two implants. This can be cheaper, although it will still cost $5,000 or more.
Another option is All-on-4 dental implants. This type of denture just uses a few implants but can replace all of your teeth. A single arch in the US may cost $15,000. It’s a lot, but it’s still less than paying for individual implants for each tooth.
How much do implants cost abroad?
In order to still be able to get implants, considering the unreasonably high costs in the US, many people opt to travel abroad for their dental implants. This may sound a bit shady at first, but it’s actually quite safe and worth your while, as long as you do the proper research beforehand. Have a look at the implant prices in just a few countries known for their dental tourism:
● Mexico: Average cost per implant is less than $1,000
● Spain: Average cost per implant is around $1,000
● Thailand: Average cost per implant is between $800 and $2,000
You’ll also find that the costs for procedures like bridges and All-on-4 implants are quite a bit cheaper than in the US as well. And if you do decide to go abroad for dental implants, you may want to consider getting other dental work done there while you’re at it.
How to pay for dental implants
If you decide that you don’t want to go abroad for cheaper dental implants, then you may need to look at some dental implant financing options. Thankfully, there are some options available to help you cover the cost. Let’s have a look:
● Dental loans: This option should be approached with caution, but it can also be very helpful. With a dental loan, you can borrow up to $100,000, but make sure you understand the interest rates and can pay off your loan on time.
● Dental insurance: You’ll need to consider purchasing dental insurance before you need your implants, but it could help with up to 50% of your costs, depending on the plan you purchase.
● Shop around: This may seem obvious, but one of the easiest ways to find cheaper implants is by making sure to look at all of your options. You definitely shouldn’t accept the first offer than comes your way, even if it’s from your primary dentist.
It’s important to know how much important dental work like implants cost, and how you can find affordable implants if you need them. That’s because implants can be integral in improving your oral health, which we welcome you to read more about at dentaly.org/us/